Smoothie bowls are awesome. They’re versatile, making the perfect breakfast, dinner, or snack. They’re easy to prepare, with virtually no need to measure anything or turn on the stove. They’re undeniably pretty, with bright colors and fresh cut fruit. And finally, each one is unique – no two smoothie bowls have to be the same. This is the beauty of the smoothie bowl!
I’ve been messing around with some smoothie bowl recipes, trying to find the perfect fruits and add-ins for a smooth, thick and creamy consistency. I finally nailed it, and I’m excited to share my concoction with you! In addition to the fruits, this recipe incorporates my new favorite smoothie bowl ingredient: Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli. With whole rolled oats, fruits, nuts and seeds, this muesli really speeds up the process when I top off my smoothie bowl.
Here’s what you’ll need for 1 bowl:
-  frozen banana: this gives the smoothie bowl its thick ice cream-like texture (I like to cut a peeled banana into 3 pieces to make for easy blending and freeze overnight)
-  3.5 oz package of Pitaya Plus frozen dragon fruit, or 1/2 of a fresh frozen red dragonfruit (this gives the smoothie bowl that rich pink color)
- 4 oz Fresh (not frozen) fruit of your choice: I’ve found that peach, pineapple and mango work well and taste great.
- 3 oz liquid of your choice: I like almond or coconut milk, but you can use dairy milk or even a bit of yogurt.
- For the topping: Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli for a nice crunch, and freshly sliced fresh fruit – this is up to you! I like sliced banana, strawberry, kiwi, peach, or coconut flakes.
- Blend all the ingredients (except the ones listed as toppings) until you have a smooth, thick creamy consistency. This may take a couple of minutes. Once combined, pour the contents of the blender into a bowl.
Add your favorite toppings to the top of your smoothie bowl, including the muesli. Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli is actually healthier than granola, and with the addition of nuts and seeds it provides a nice boost of protein and clean energy.
For a limited time for Minnie in Manhattan readers, Nature Valley has provided you with an exclusive downloadable coupon for their Toasted Oats Muesli, so you can get started making your own healthy smoothie bowls!
Happy smoothie bowl making! And let me know in the comments how this recipe worked for you 🙂